Roland AIRA TB-3 Touch Bassline
TB Style Bass Synthesizer with 134 Sounds
Out of stock
* price is set by the local distributor
Did You Know That ... We Teach We Deliver We Support We Finance You Can Earn Points
The Rebirth of the Legendary TB Bass!
To say that Roland’s original 1982 TB-303 Transistor Bassline synthesizer was one of the most influential innovations in the world of early electronic music would be an almost laughable understatement. A definitive element in the sound of Acid House and an essential part of early trance music, this small silver box quickly became a staple synth around the world. The AIRA TB-3 Bassline synth gives you a chance to experience this iconic sound in a whole new way. Not only does the AIRA TB-3 faithfully reproduce the full range of the TB-303 sound, but it’s also super-easy to program, play, and integrate into the rest of your music-production rig..
- The rebirth of the legendary TB-303 bass synth and so much more
- Analog Circuit Behavior technology provides component-to-component modeling for unrivaled authenticity
- Faithful re-creations of the original TB-303 saw and square oscillator waveforms are instantly recognizable
- Elements such as the TB-303 attack, slide, and tie functions as well as -18dB/octave ladder filter sound and feel right
- 134 captivating sounds include 4 banks: original TB-303 sounds, aggressive bass, aggressive leads, and sound effects
- Pressure-sensitive Touch Pad with red and green indicator lights lets you actually play the TB-3 as an instrument
- Smooth and responsive knobs let you tweak an excellent assortment of built-in effects
- Enter steps manually or record in real time
- 16-step indicator lights make pattern creation easy (supports up to 32-step patterns)
- Change Step Count during playback to create different-length phrases
- Seamless switch between pattern creation and performance
- Dedicated Tempo control with Tap Tempo and Shuffle control lets you create bass lines that pulse and groove naturally
- Random pattern generation and pattern modification let you discover new grooves
- Scatter function with 10 levels of intensity lets you inject chaos and excitement into your patterns
- Powered via USB, which also provides audio and MIDI connectivity to your computer
- Solid MIDI clock sync provides tight timing with external gear, such as the rest of the AIRA series
The Magic of the TB-303
Based on the wildly influential TB-303, the new TB-3 Touch Bassline is a performance-ready bass synthesizer with authentic sound and intuitive controls engineered to play. The TB-3 contains the unmistakable character of its predecessor, wrapped in a modern package with a pressure-sensitive touch pad that makes both playing and programming a total joy
Nobody could have anticipated what would happen to the world of dance music when inventive musicians on both sides of the Atlantic embraced Roland’s now-legendary TB-303. Since the 1980s, it’s been a staple of electronic music—it is the defining sound of acid house, and has since been the marquee instrument on an array of groundbreaking electronic dance tracks. It’s not only been used to write songs, it’s had songs written about it. In fact, the release of the original TB-303 has been heralded as one of the key events in the history of dance music. Not bad for a little silver box.
Launched in 1981, the TB-303 continues to be an indispensable bass synth for dance music. In developing the TB-3, we’ve meticulously analyzed the circuitry of the original TB-303 piece by piece, right down to the individual circuit behavior. Using Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology, we’ve fully reproduced the TB-303’s sawtooth and square wave oscillators, as well as the -18dB per octave ladder low-pass filter used in the original, capturing that unmistakable cutoff and resonance character.
In addition to the faithful reproduction of classic TB tones, the TB-3 is packed with new sounds that live and breathe. Bubbling synth basses, hard distortion basses, trippy delay sounds, and drippy effects—they’re all here, and then some.
A TB-303 bass part not only sounds unique—it has its own trademark feel as well. The TB pulses. It drives. It bubbles and it percolates. That’s why we’ve worked so hard to faithfully reproduce the accent, slide, and step sequencer behavior of the original unit. But our vision went beyond simple reproduction. The truth is, the step entry on the original TB-303 was difficult to use, the keyboard was difficult to play, and special maneuvers were required for the shuffle functions. So we experimented with a variety of prototypes in our quest to create the optimal TB interface.
The new TB-3 is equipped with a brightly lit, pressure-sensitive touch pad that lets you seamlessly create patterns and interact with the unit during performance. In addition to pitch and volume, you can tweak filters and even control modulation by simply pressing down on the pad with your finger. It also makes the keyboard a breeze to play.
– Envelope modulation and decay can be controlled with a single finger
– Switch patterns, transpose, and chain patterns with finger gestures
– Internally partitioned at keyboard intervals so it’s easy and natural to play in real time
– XY Play—X for continuous pitch change, Y for volume, and pad pressure for modulation
The TB-3’s evolved step sequencer is a snap to use and allows seamless switching between pattern creation and performance. Of course, an attractive aspect of the original TB-303 was how it would sometimes generate unintended sounds as the user maneuvered through its complex and cryptic pattern-creation operation. In order to inject that element of chance and discovery, the TB-3 includes automatic pattern generation and random pattern modification functions.
The TB-3’s Scatter function features slicing, reverse, gating, and other effects, allowing you to instantly create variations, stutters, and glitches that would normally require painstaking editing in a DAW. Complex, per-step functions are triggered easily with the touch pad and a single finger. You can keep things fresh and interesting with 8 different Scatter variations and 10 levels of Scatter depth—all controllable in real time and in perfect sync.
- Internal Sound Engine: Yes
- Manufacturer Presets: 200
- Analog Outputs: 1 x 1/4″ (TRS), 1 x Headphones (Stereo)
- MIDI I/O: In/Out
- USB: 1 x Type B
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor (Included), USB Bus Power
- Height: 2.25″
- Width: 6.8125″
- Depth: 9.5″