Sequential Dave Smith Prophet 10 Module
10-voice Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer Module with 2 VCOs, 4-pole Lowpass Filter, LFO, and Poly-Mod
Out of stock
Did You Know That ... We Teach We Deliver We Support We Finance You Can Earn Points
The Ultimate Prophet-10
Renowned synth designer Dave Smith is back, and he’s brought with him the most powerful Prophet-10 yet! A reimagination of the iconic 10-voice polyphonic synth, the Prophet-10 Rev4 is packed with features from every iteration of the Prophet-10. It inherits its ultra-stable voltage-controlled oscillators from the Rev3 and provides you with a choice between the Rev1 and Rev2’s Rossum-designed filter or the Rev3’s Curtis-designed filter. A unique vintage knob even lets you choose from behavior characteristics of the earlier versions. With its knob-per-function architecture, the Prophet-10 never fails to inspire! To get you started right out of the box, the Prophet-10 comes loaded with a stellar selection of factory presets, and it includes 200 user slots for storing your custom-made patches. Dave Smith and the folks at Sequential struck gold with the Prophet-10, a drool-worthy synth for analog aficionados!
- 10-voice polyphonic synth with pure analog signal chain
- Dual Curtis VCOs with PWM and hard sync
- 2 Selectable filter types — Rossum-designed 2140 and Curtis-designed CEM 3320
- LFO with sawtooth, triangle, and square waveshapes and initial amount control
- Modulation destinations include oscillator A and B frequency, pulse width modulation, and filter cutoff
- Knob-per-function architecture inspires expressive performance
- Unison mode with configurable voice count for fat monophonic tones
- Polyphonic glide
- 200 user and 200 factory patch memory slots
- USB MIDI and 5-pin MIDI in/out/thru
- Volume, filter cutoff, and sustain pedal inputs
- Mod line and stereo headphone outputs
A Synth Legend On Your Desktop
The Prophet-10 module puts ten voices of Sequential’s legendary analog poly synth on your desktop. Like the full keyboard version, it’s “the best of all Prophet-5s” because it embodies all three Prophet-5 revisions — Rev1, Rev2, and Rev3 — through the use of genuine Curtis analog VCOs and filters (as in the Rev3) as well as new 2140 low-pass filters designed by Dave Rossum, like the 2040 filters he designed in the original Rev1 and Rev2. A Rev switch lets you choose between the two filter designs. It also adjusts the Filter Envelope’s shape and response to match the original Prophet Rev 1/2 or Rev 3 respectively.
The result is as pure a renewal of an analog classic as you could wish for, with the authentic, muscular sound of the original and the roadworthiness of a state-of-the-art modern instrument.
Vintage Sound, Vintage Knob
In addition to sourcing genuine Prophet-5 hardware components, we did extensive research into exactly what made the original sound the way it did — warm, organic, and alive. We found that much of this desirable character was due to slight fluctuations and differences in the response times and frequencies of the individual VCOs, filters, envelopes, and amplifiers from voice to voice.
To give the same mojo to the new Prophet-5/Prophet-10, we created the Vintage knob. Use it to dial in as much old-school randomness as you’d like. Go from a very stable “4” — as in Prophet-5 Rev4, which is how we refer to the new version in house — all the way to “1,” as in Prophet-5 Rev1, the rarest and most temperamental of all Prophet-5s.
Poly Mod and Enhanced Unison
In addition to the unmistakable tone of its oscillators and filters, much of the classic sound of Prophet-5 was the result of Poly Mod, which is faithfully present here as well. True to the original, modulation sources are Filter Envelope and Oscillator B. Destinations include Oscillator A frequency, Oscillator A pulse width, and low-pass filter. The range of sounds possible defy its simplicity. Another welcome reprise is Unison mode, which now features configurable voice count (1-10 voices) with variable detuning, and chord memory. And now Glide works both in and out of Unison.
Velocity and Aftertouch
Though our mission was to make the new Prophet-5/Prophet-10 as accurate, authoritative, and true to the original as possible, we couldn’t resist adding a couple of modern enhancements to increase expressiveness: velocity sensitivity and aftertouch. These enable the new Prophet-5/Prophet-10 to perform in ways the original never could by putting filter sweeps, LFO mod, and volume changes at your fingertips.
Effortless to Program
The purity of the new Prophet’s sound is matched only by its simplicity to program. The knob-per-function front panel gives you instant gratification and immediate access to all sound-shaping controls. Toggling off the Preset button enables live panel mode, where the Prophet-10 switches to the current settings of its knobs and switches. What you see is exactly what you hear. Included are 200 permanent factory programs and 200 rewritable user programs, including the original 40-program sound set from 1978 that found its way onto countless recordings and film soundtracks back in the day and beyond.
The Whole Package
All of this punchy, powerful, analog goodness is housed in a compact steel case with USB, MIDI, Gate and CV ins/outs, and premium-quality, hand-oiled, sustainable black walnut heartwood trim.
The new Prophet-10 desktop module — history never sounded better.
- Two authentic CEM 3340 voltage-controlled oscillators per voice
- Simultaneously selectable wave shapes. Oscillator A: sawtooth, pulse. Oscillator B: sawtooth, triangle, pulse.
- Pulse width per oscillator
- Hard sync: Oscillator A syncs to Oscillator B
- Low frequency mode (Oscillator B)
- Keyboard tracking on/off (Oscillator B)
- Oscillator A amount
- Oscillator B amount
- White noise amount
- Four-pole, resonant, low-pass filter per voice
- Switchable between authentic versions of the Prophet-5 Rev1/2 filter and Prophet-5 Rev3 filter
- Rev1/2 filter is a Dave Rossum-designed 2140, the modern counterpart of the original 2040 filter found in the Prophet-5 Rev1 and Rev2
- Rev3 filter is a Doug Curtis-designed CEM 3320
- Filter can be driven into self-oscillation with the Resonance control
- Keyboard tracking: off, half, full
- Four-stage (ADSR) envelope generator
- Velocity modulation of envelope amount
- Four-stage (ADSR) envelope generator
- Velocity modulation of envelope amount
LOW FREQUENCY OSCILLATOR
- Three wave shapes: sawtooth, triangle, square. All waveshapes can be engaged simultaneously
- Both Initial Amount and mod wheel control
- Mod destinations: oscillator A frequency, Oscillator B frequency, Oscillator A and B pulse width, filter cutoff
- Sources: filter envelope and Oscillator B
- Destinations: Oscillator A frequency, Oscillator A pulse width, filter cutoff
- Recreates the characteristics of various Prophet-5 models by varying the behavior of oscillators, envelopes, amplifiers, and other parameters. Go from a very stable “4” — as in Prophet-5 Rev4, (the new version) — all the way to “1,” as in Prophet-5 Rev1, the rarest and most temperamental of all Prophet-5s.
- Channel (mono) aftertouch
- Destinations: filter cutoff frequency, LFO amount
- Polyphonic glide (portamento)
- Unison (monophonic) mode with configurable voice count, from one to all five voices and key modes
- Preset switch: when off, the front panel is live; what you see is what you hear
- 200 user and 200 factory programs in 5 banks of 40 programs each
- Direct program access, including Prophet 5-style single-button access to the current set of 8 programs
- Mono output (1 x 1/4” phone jack)
- Headphone output (stereo, 1/4” phone jack)
- MIDI in, out, and thru ports
- USB for bidirectional MIDI communication
- Control voltage in/out (1 x 1/4” phone jack) 0- +5V input/output signal. Configured for 1-volt-per-octave operation.
- Gate in/out (1 x 1/4” phone jack). Accepts a 1.5 to 15-volt on/off signal to gate the envelopes of a single voice on the Prophet-5. Outputs a 15-volt on/off used to gate the envelopes of an external synth.
- Low-pass filter cutoff expression pedal input
- Volume expression pedal input
- Sustain footswitch input
- IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100 and 240 volts at 50 to 60 Hz; Prophet-5: 20 watts maximum power consumption.
- 20.75″ L x 7.4″ W x 3″ H (52.70 cm x 18.8 cm x 7.62 cm)
- Roadworthy all-steel case with premium black walnut heartwood trim