Pioneer DJ XPRS 12 Speaker
12″ 2-way, full range, bass reflex, bi-amped active speaker well suited for mobile DJs, clubs, bands
Did You Know That ... We Teach We Deliver We Support We Finance You Can Earn Points
The Pioneer DJ XPRS 12 is a 12″ 2-way, full range, bass reflex, bi-amped active speaker well suited for mobile DJs, clubs, bands, houses of worship, touring, speaking engagements, or anywhere portable, high-quality audio is required. Delivering a natural, dynamic sound, the compact enclosure is made from 15mm birch plywood and features AFAST technology to drastically reduce internal standing waves that can produce a muffled response in the low to mid ranges. An acoustic tube in the cabinet absorbs just the standing waves, increasing the low-frequency response.
- 15mm birch plywood cabinet delivers a natural, dynamic sound
- Pioneer’s AFAST technology drastically reduces standing waves that can produce a muffled response in the low to mid ranges
- Acoustic tube in the cabinet absorbs standing waves, increasing the low-frequency response
- LF: 12.0″ ferrite woofer
- HF: 1.75″ titanium-diaphragm compression driver
Powersoft Class-D Amplifier
- Reliable and high-powered performance
- Class-D amp modules produce 2400W (peak) or 1200W (continuous) output
- The amps are equipped with Power Factor Correction (PFC) to reduce power consumption while ensuring reliability and a steady performance in all environments
- The auto-ranging power supply provides compatibility for the XPRS Series anywhere in the world. Venues with generators or temporary power supplies can expect the same high-quality sound
- Amplifier protectionThermal limiting: Cuts off to prevent overheating
- Output overcurrent: Reduces the speaker’s output to safe levels in the event of output overcurrent
- Speaker protectionDC offset removal: Shuts down to prevent further damage if the speaker blows
- Stationary high-frequency protection: Protects the speaker from loud bursts such as feedback
- Input voltage limiter: Peak and RMS
- Output voltage limiter: Cuts the LF and compression drivers separately when either reach their peak
- Power protectionAC mains over-voltage protection: Protects against power surges
- Status LED on the front of the cabinet has three settings —power, limiter, or off—giving an optional visual reference to the status of the speaker
Four EQ Modes
- Flat: Neutral production of the source audio
- Bass +: Amplifies the bass for dance music events
- Speech: Produces clear vocal sounds for seminars and speeches
- Wedge: Reduces the low frequencies to give a more balanced sound if you’re using the speaker as a floor monitor
Multiple Mounting Options
- Rotatable Horn: Mount the speaker vertically and horizontally
- Horn Dispersion: 90 x 60°
- Rotate the horn by 90° for flexibility in mounting the speaker vertically or horizontally to choose the coverage to suit your space
- Wedge: For use as floor monitor
- Pole Mount: 0 and 7° pole mounts allow for straight or tilted operation to direct the sound exactly where you need it
Flexible Inputs and Outputs
- The speaker has two balanced XLR/TRS combo sockets and an unbalanced RCA connection, so you can connect a mic and other external devices at the same time, including using an optional aux cable to connect and play directly from portable audio players, line-level mixers and tablets/smartphones
- Each input can be controlled individually or using the master controls for lines one and two
- Two balanced XLR through output terminals enable easy connection to other speakers and subs
The Pioneer DJ XPRS Series active PA speakers are compact and portable, yet high powered. Forget complicated setups and tangled cables as this system offers straightforward, plug-and-play use. Pioneer Pro Audio sound engineering technology and the use of Powersoft amps ensures these mobile speakers are reliable and energy efficient, making them suitable for all music genres and environments. The XPRS12* compact 12-inch speaker fill the room with a dynamic, natural sound thanks to their plywood enclosures and high-performance drivers.
Natural, full-range sound
The 15-mm birch hardwood cabinet, 12-inch ferrite LF driver and 1.75-inch titanium diaphragm compression driver produces a natural, full-range sound with low distortion, even at high volumes.
Powersoft Class D amps
Powersoft’s Class D amp modules produce 2400 W (peak) or 1200 W (continuous) output. The Power Factor Correction (PFC) reduces power consumption while ensuring steady performance in all environments.
AFAST acoustic tube
Pioneer Pro Audio’s AFAST technology drastically reduces standing waves that can produce a muffled response in the low to mid ranges. An acoustic tube in the cabinet absorbs only the standing waves, increasing the low-to-mid frequency response.
4 EQ modes
Adapt to a variety of genres and environments using the rotary selector switch on the back of the speaker to give you instant access to 4 EQ modes: Flat, Bass +, Speech and Wedge.
The XPRS speaker is packed with features to protect the drivers, amp and power supply in to Amplifier module – giving you peace of mind, consistent high-quality sound, and extending the life of your sound system.
2 balanced XLR/TRS combo sockets and an unbalanced RCA connection mean you can connect at the same time a Mic and other devices, such as line-level mixers or portable audio players. 2 balanced XLR through outputs let you connect easily to other speakers and subs.
Adjust to any space with horns that can rotate 90 degrees and give a dispersion of 90 x 60 degrees, giving you flexibility to mount the speaker vertically and horizontally.
Choose your set-up
Place the wedge-shaped speaker as a foldback monitor on stage, use the rigging points to mount it to the ceiling or wall, or set the pole mount socket straight or tilted to 7 degrees to direct the sound exactly where you want it.
Designed for the road
The durable, birch plywood enclosure keeps your PA speaker safe, while carefully placed handles take the hard work out of transit and set-up.
Auto-ranging power supply
Plug in the XPRS Series anywhere in the world – including venues with generators or temporary power supplies. They will detect and adapt to the voltage without compromising the sound quality.
100 V (50 Hz/60 Hz)
110 V to 240 V (50 Hz/60 Hz)
Width 380 mm
Height 647 mm
Depth 398 mm
Weight 23.1 kg
Frequency Range 50 – 20000 Hz
Power Consumption 167 W
Dispersion 90° x 60° (rotatable)
Max SPL 135 dB
Crossover Frequency 2 kHz
2 XLR/TRS Combo (balanced)
2 RCA (unbalanced)
2 Through output XLR (balanced)
1x Mixed output XLR (balanced)
Amplifier Output Class D 2400W peak / 1200W cont. (LF800W / HF400W)
Impedance 10 kΩ
12-inch ferrite LF cone driver
1.75 inch titanium diaphragm neodymium compression driver
Black semi-matt textured. Impact-resistant
2 (on both sides)
35 mm socket (0°/7° multi-angle)
15 mm birch plywood
Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting. Over-temperature muting. Output overcurrent
Driver Protection: DC offset removal, High frequency stationary loud signals, Input voltage limiter (Peak/RMS)
Power unit Protection: Primary AC mains overcurrent protection. Primary AC mains overvoltage protection