Behringer X-32 Digital Mixer
40-input, 25-total-bus Digital Mixer with 32 Gain-Programmable Mic Preamps, 25 Motorized Faders, Virtual FX Rack, and 7″ Color TFT
Might be currently unavailable
Did You Know That ... We Teach We Deliver We Support We Finance You Can Earn Points
Live Digital Mixing Has Never Been Easier
Concentrate on your music, not a confusing mixer interface. The Behringer X32 digital mixer packs everything you need to easily mix and record a live show into a compact, roadworthy chassis. With its amazing-sounding Midas-designed mic preamps, the X32 is also great for the studio. Powerful and intuitive, the X32 sports 40 processing channels and 16 mix buses, giving you the flexibility you’ve always longed for. It comes equipped for 32-channel recording, with instant compatibility with major DAWs. Its serious signal processing can be quickly configured for sessions of any size. If you’re tired of negotiating an endless sea of encoders and menus, then it’s time you tried a new approach to digital mixing: the Behringer X32…
- 40-input channel, 25-bus digital mixing console for Studio and Live application
- 32 Midas-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 25 Fully automated motorized 100 mm faders allow for instant overview, powerful scene management and DAW control
- 16 XLR outputs plus 6 additional line in/outputs, 2 phones connectors and a talkback section with integrated or external mic
- Individual and dynamic LCD Scribble Strips on all channels and buses creating easy assignment and intuitive channel distinction
- 32 x 32 channel USB 2.0 audio interface, with DAW remote control emulating HUI* and Mackie Control*
- iPad* and iPhone* apps for professional remote operation available free of charge—no host PC required
- High-resolution 7″ day-viewable Color TFT for easy viewing of workflow components and parameters
- Main LCR, 6 matrix buses and 16 mix buses each featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ’s and full dynamics processing, plus 8 DCA and 6 mute groups
- Virtual FX rack featuring 8 true-stereo FX slots include high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features “unlimited” dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency (0.8 msec)
- Powerful scene management for convenient handling of complex productions
- 48-channel Digital Snake ready* via AES50 ports, featuring Klark Teknik’s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates
- Dedicated and easy-to-use channel strip section with direct access controls and graphic user interface for intuitive workflow
- Additional user-definable control section allows for on-the-fly adjustments of your favorite parameters
- ULTRANET connectivity for Behringer’s P-16 Personal Monitoring System* plus AES/EBU stereo digital output and MIDI
- Networked remote control for show setups with on-screen software editor via Ethernet
- Built-in expansion port for audio interface cards or digital networking bridges
- Future firmware updates, incl. new FX “Plug Ins”, downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
The BEHRINGER X32 has changed the game by completely rethinking what is possible from a digital mixer – and hundreds of thousands of users are enjoying the results. A fluid workflow coupled with a fully interactive user interface ensures immediate familiarity and instills confidence. Advanced engineering and meticulous design deliver stellar sonic performance at an extremely affordable price – changing the game entirely.
Three companies shared a common vision – to engineer and build the very best- sounding, technically-advanced audio products for discerning professionals. The X32 Digital Mixer family is the result of the engineering, manufacturing and application expertise of legendary console manufacturer MIDAS, the iconic signal processing genius of KLARK TEKNIK and BEHRINGER’s unique ability to deliver a superior value proposition.
The synergy between these three great companies runs deep in the X32. From the pristine, MIDAS -designed mic preamps to KLARK TEKNIK’s rock-solid, ultra-low latency SuperMAC networking technology and BEHRINGER’s completely re-engineered processing algorithms, X32 raises the bar on what a digital mixer can be. A singular passion for delivering advanced technology, unrivalled usability and true road-worthiness has enabled us to engineer a digital console that is the ideal vehicle for your creative expression. But we’re just getting started!
Enhanced Workflow & Multi-Channel Networking
With the introduction of our new X32 version 2.0 firmware, we have not only dramatically enhanced the workflow, but also added all-new capabilities including “Acoustic Integration” for total connectivity and control of your speaker and In-Ear Monitor (IEM) systems. Then we completely re-imagined the more than 50 onboard FX “Plug-Ins” and added classic processor examples based on “True Physical Modelling”. We’ve also made the X32 even more flexible, with swappable expansion cards for connecting to other multi-channel audio networking via USB, ADAT, MADI and Dante protocols, in addition to the onboard ULTRANET and AES50 connectivity. Above all, the X32 puts the power of digital in your hands – without compromise.
Intuitive. Immediate. Natural.
X32 is your mind-to-sound interface… the intersection of creativity and production. Whether you’re accustomed to digital mixers or not, the X32’s intuitive user interface offers a fluid mixing experience that instantly feels like home. And then there is the X32’s latest version 2.0 firmware. We’ve added new scene management features and EQ functions, including a 100-band Real Time Analyzer, flexible library import/export capability and faster FX editing. We also included 16 new FX “Plug-Ins” which are based on True Physical Modeling of famous classic audio hardware. This process means that we essentially “rebuilt” classic analog gear in the digital domain. And then we added the most amazing digital networking that allows you to connect to the new TURBOSOUND iQ speakers via simple CAT5 connection. We call it “Acoustic Integration”. This high-performance iQ Series also includes authentic acoustic modeling of some of the world’s most famous speakers – all remote controllable from your X32.
X32 serves the user a full complement of 25 long-throw, 100 mm motorized servo faders for primary mix control. Working in concert with the LCD Scribble Strips and TFT Display, the faders serve multiple functions while always keeping you informed. Separate fader sections for inputs and groups/buses allow for convenient assignments from inputs to groups/buses.With the ability to store up to 100 scenes, X32’s motorized faders jump to life the moment a scene is recalled.
LCD Scribble Strips
X32’s automated control surface is designed to present you with the control you need, when you need it. A total of 29 programmable LCD Scribble Strips off er channel/bus identification that mirrors what is being controlled. Use them to enter input/output tags, plus add icons you recognize at-a-glance. Then assign colors to create visual groups for immediate, on- the-fly recognition of similar inputs. Simple, elegant and effective – plus you’ll never need masking tape again.
The X32 Channel Strip puts the most important channel processing parameters into one section so that no matter which channel you are working on, the controls are always the same. This highly-efficient layout stems from BEHRINGER’s decades of console design and input from our users. Optimized control illumination ensures a clear indication of levels or status from any viewing angle. Illuminated rotary encoders and switches give you control of preamp settings, frequency shelving, dual dynamics sections, as well as multi-mode fully parametric EQ, bus sends, main, mono and stereo panning.
7″ Main Display
X32’s 7″ day-viewable color TFT (Thin-Film Transistor) display shows the setting parameters you need when you need them. Selected for its high-contrast performance and outdoor visibility, TFT is ideal for concert and open air festival venues. Flanked by high-precision, context-sensitive tactile encoders, the screen comes to life and immediately reports in high definition all adjustments applied to a wide range of parameters. Intelligent design puts control of vital functions such as Effects, Metering, Routing and much more 1 or 2 button presses away.
Sends On Fader
X32 brings the convenience of digital mixing to your Aux and output bus mixes too, thanks to its integrated Sends on Fader feature. This incredible function allows you to build powerful, dedicated sub-mixes for monitor, secondary zone feeds, and much more—all without affecting the front of house mix or levels. The X32 allows you to send your choice of signals to any Aux or output bus and then dial in the perfect mix via the channel faders. The console remembers where you set the faders and instantly recalls them when you select a bus for quick adjustments.
DCA (Digitally Controlled Amplifier) groups allow control over several signals at once without actually mixing them into a subgroup bus. X32’s 8 DCA groups let you control multiple signals via a single fader, such as the entire drum mix, the horn section, or the backup vocalists, etc. DCA control affects the FOH mix, while allowing the individual buses to remain unchanged. The result is a customizable workflow that provides maximum flexibility, but still allows individual buses and subgroups to serve the purpose they were intended for, such as zone sends, broadcast feeds, etc.
Across the X32 you’ll find 11 strategically placed View buttons associated with various functions. These buttons enable immediate access to information about that specific function. For instance, if you press the View button in the Equalizer section, information for that channel’s EQ is instantly shown on the main display, providing in-depth editing of all related parameters. This direct access to visual fine-tuning gives the engineer a level of control previously available only on consoles costing exponentially more.
While some digital consoles off er a few user-definable controls, X32’s Assign section sets a new standard by providing a total of 36 fully customizable controls on three separate layers.
As with channels and buses, individual Scribble Strips are provided for immediate identification. Buttons can be defined to toggle parameters on/off , adjust timing of effects by tapping, or jump to specific screen views.
Rotary encoders with LED collars can be assigned to specific channel parameters, or to additional parameters in the Dynamics section relevant to the current channel selection.
MIDAS The Golden Preamp
X32’s input topology – mic preamps, programmable gain controls and A/D stages were designed by a dedicated engineering team at MIDAS, the company famous for their award-winning mic preamplifier designs.
Conceived as a single, cohesive system, and built around premium A/D converters, this proprietary preamp design captures every nuance of your input signal – ensuring superb sonic performance. Gain setting is fully programmable and covers a total range of 72 dB, with a precision resolution of 0.5 dB per step. Accommodating a maximum input signal level of +23 dBu, X32 turns analog VRs and pad switches into ancient history. Backing the analog input section are audiophile-quality Cirrus Logic multi-channel A/D converters, which boast a 114 dB dynamic range, ensuring impressively-low distortion and low- noise performance.
- Type: Digital
- Channels: 40
- Inputs – Mic Preamps: 32 x XLR
- Phantom Power: 32 x Channels
- Inputs – Other: 2 x RCA (Aux), 6 x 1/4″ TRS (Aux)
- Outputs – Main: 16 x XLR
- Outputs – Direct: Assignable
- Outputs – Other: 1 x AES/EBU, 2 x RCA (Aux), 6 x 1/4″ TRS (Aux)
- Inputs – Digital: 2 x AES50, 32 x USB (96 Total Channels)
- Outputs – Digital: 1 x AES/EBU (XLR), 32 x USB, 2 x AES50 (32 via Optional Digital Snake)
- Aux Sends: 16 x Aux Sends
- Send/Return I/O: 6 x 1/4″ TRS
- Busses/Groups: 16 x Bus
- Channel Inserts: Virtual (Physical Assignable to AUX In/Outs
- Talkback: Yes
- Data I/O: Ethernet (X-Touch remote features), USB, MIDI I/O
- USB: 1 x Type B, 2 x Type A
- Computer Connectivity: USB (32 x 32)
- I/O Expansion Slots: 1 x Slot (Includes 32×32 USB Interface)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/8″
- Faders: 25 x 100mm (Motorized)
- EQ Bands: 4-band Parametric (6-band on Mix Bus)
- Effects: Yes
- Transport Controls: via Assign Section
- DAW Control: Yes
- Height: 7.9″
- Depth: 20.8″
- Width: 35.4″
- Weight: 45.4 lbs.