Behringer DeepMind 6 Synthesizer
37-key 6-voice Analog Synthesizer with 4 FX Engines, 2 Oscillators and LFOs per Voice, 3 ADSR Generators, 8-channel Modulation Matrix, 32-step Control Sequencer, and Tablet Remote Control
Out of stock
* price is set by the local distributor
Did You Know That ... We Teach We Deliver We Support We Finance You Can Earn Points
Behringer’s Streamlined Classic Analog Polysynth
The iconic synthesizer tracks on your favorite progressive rock, pop, and jazz fusion records from the 1970s and ’80s are forever inscribed in music history. With the DeepMind 12, Behringer set out to create an analog polysynth that can effortlessly deliver any classic synth sound you’ve ever heard — or imagined. Now there’s a streamlined 6-voice, 37-key version — the DeepMind 6 — that shares its big sibling’s architecture and sonic prowess. Incorporating two digitally controlled analog oscillators and two LFOs per voice, three envelopes, a noise generator, unison mode with a handy Detune fader, an extensive 8-bus modulation matrix, a 32-step sequencer, four digital FX engines, a silky aftertouch-enabled keybed, and more, the Behringer DeepMind 6 is a value-packed axe with serious synthesis firepower that will make you a musical force to be reckoned with.
- Classic polyphonic synthesizer with 6 true analog voices for insanely fat and authentic sounds
- 4 simultaneous world-class TC Electronic and Klark Teknik FX with over 30 algorithms including Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Delay and Multi-band Distortion
- 6 voices with 2 analog OSCs per voice with oscillator sync mode
- 2 LFOs per voice with 7 waveform shapes, key sync, MIDI sync and envelope auto-triggering
- 3 ADSR generators per voice for control of VCF, VCA and MOD envelopes
- Flexible 8-channel modulation matrix with 19 sources and over 130 destinations including effects parameters
- 32-step control sequencer with adjustable slew rate and MIDI sync
- Full remote control via iPad*/PC/Mac* App over USB or MIDI for extended parameter control
- 37 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity sensitivity and after-touch
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCF and VCA designs
- OSC 1 generates sawtooth and square/pulse waveforms with pulse width modulation
- OSC 2 generates square/pulse waveforms with tone modulation
- Selectable dual slope 12/24 dB analog low pass filter per voice with adjustable resonance
- Envelope faders seamlessly transform individual envelope segments between linear, exponential and reverse exponential curves
- Powerful unison and poly modes with detune, pan spread and drift parameters featuring up to 6 voices per note
- Global noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Incredible polyphonic portamento with flexible fixed rate, fixed time and exponential pitch glide modes
- Sophisticated arpeggiator with tap tempo button and user configurable pattern modes
- Chord and PolyChord memories enable polyphonic performances from monophonic playing styles
- True bypass mode for pure and high-integrity analog tone
- Global variable 6 dB high pass filter with powerful bass boost switch
- 26 sliders and one switch per function give direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- Spring-loaded pitch and assignable modulation wheels provide total hands-on performance
- LCD Display with encoder, navigation switches and data value slider for rapid menu parameter editing and program selection
- 1024 user program memories with “compare and match” feature to quickly match all analog controls to values stored in program
- Fully servo-balanced stereo outputs for highest signal integrity
- CV/pedal input for connection to modular systems
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation (including NRPN/CC control of all parameters and bulk load/save)
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
With the creation of DEEPMIND 6, the ultimate true analog, 6-voice polyphonic synthesizer is finally a reality. DEEPMIND 6 allows you to conjure up virtually any sound you can imagine with unparalleled finesse and ease. Thanks to its 4 FX engines, dual analog OSCs and LFOs per voice, 3 ADSR Generators, 8-Channel Modulation Matrix and onboard 32-Step Control Sequencer, the DEEPMIND 6 gives you complete control over your soundscape. Plus, DEEPMIND 6 features comprehensive remote control via iPad*/PC/Mac and selected Android* Apps over USB or MIDI – for a custom-tailored workflow that lets your creative spirit soar to new heights.
Classic Polyphonic Synthesizer
The inspired synthesizer tracks laid down in the 1970s and ’80s are etched in the annals of progressive rock and pop music forever, making them truly classic in every sense of the word. DEEPMIND 6’s pure analog signal path with legendary IR3109-style VCFs, stereo VCAs, and 12-voice polyphony lets you recreate all that magic or design the powerful, original sounds that just might make you a legend in your own right.
The FX Racks
We also included 4 simultaneous FX engines with over 33 world-class TC ELECTRONIC, MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK algorithms – including Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Delay, Multiband Distortion, and many more. Custom-designed and physically modeled after some of the most iconic and sought-after processors, DEEPMIND 6’s FX were essentially “rebuilt” in the digital domain – and put right at your fingertips. All effects run inside the low-latency environment of the DEEPMIND 6, ensuring flawless performance and flexible routing.
Glorious 6-Note Polyphony
Playing chords and building textural soundscapes requires the ability to generate multiple notes or sounds simultaneously. While early analog synthesizers were either monophonic (only 1 note at a time), or somewhat limited in the number of sounds they could produce at the same time, the DEEPMIND 6 boosts your creativity with 6-note polyphony. Each voice has 2 oscillators, with OSC 1 generating sawtooth and square/pulse waveforms with pulse width modulation, and OSC 2 generates square/pulse waveforms with a unique tone modulation. With 12 oscillators at your disposal, a tremendous range of options becomes available including the following oscillator modes: Unison 6, 4, 3, 2 Mono; Mono -2; Mono 4; Mono 6; and Poly. The addition of oscillator sync, oscillator drift and parameter drift allow the recreation of the much sought after warmth and movement found in vintage analog synthesizers, with greatly improved reliability and stability.
Individual voices also have 2 LFOs (Low-Frequency Oscillators) with a range that extends into the audio rate. Each LFO features adjustable slew-rate, modulation delay, key sync, assignable clock sync (internal or external MIDI), envelope auto-triggering, as well as Delay and Fade in. The 7 available waveform shapes are; Sine; Triangle; Square; Ramp Up; Ramp Down; Sample and Hold, and Sample and Glide for an amazing array of tonal options. The DEEPMIND 6 also offers a highly unusual Phase Link option for the polyphonic LFOs, allowing them to operate in Unison (Mono), or link with an adjustable phase shift between voices. Additionally, the LFOs can track key pitch via the modulation matrix, enabling cross mod type effects.
3 Envelope Generators
When it comes to envelope generation, DEEPMIND 6 has all bases covered, thanks to 3 four-stage ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release) envelope generators per voice, each equipped with continuously-variable curves for truly unique flexibility. Envelope Trigger Modes include: Legato, Mono, and Retrigger. The envelopes can be triggered by key, individual LFOs, or the control sequencer and looped well into the audio rate. DEEPMIND 6 serves up all the versatility and tone-sculpting options a professional musician could ask for.
8-Channel Modulation Matrix
Want to modulate the reverb tail or compressor with the mod wheel? How about driving the MIDAS Multiband Distortion effect with an LFO or aftertouch? With 19 modulation sources and more than 130 destinations, DEEPMIND 6 provides a multitude of modulation options. And the “press & hold” shortcuts make selection of those sources and destinations quick and easy.
32-Step Control Sequencer
The control sequencer features an adjustable slew rate, MIDI sync, and allows a 32-step pattern of values, which can vary from -127 to 127. Other parameters that can be controlled include: note value; tie and length; slew; and swing. These can all be mapped as modulation sources to any of the available destinations.
Comprehensive remote control is available for DEEPMIND 6 via iPad*/PC/Mac App over USB or MIDI for extended parameter control. The iPad App also features a robust preset manager, gig list full editor and integral Patch Morpher*.
The keyboard features 37 full-sized, velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch that deliver an expressive and superior playing experience. You’ll love the feel and playability of DEEPMIND 6’s semi-weighted keys as they respond to even the slightest nuance of your playing. Aftertouch allows you to imbue your sound with variations of pitch, volume, modulation or color – whatever parameters you choose. Whether you have a heavy or soft playing style, DEEPMIND 6 always responds to your touch with 3 different selectable velocity and aftertouch curves.
Pure Analog Signal Path
A modern reincarnation of a beloved analog classic (with true bypass studio-grade FX), all of DEEPMIND 6’s sounds are purely analog – all the way from OSC 1, which generates sawtooth and square/pulse waveforms with user-definable pulse width modulation (PWM), and OSC 2, which generates square/pulse waveforms with tone modulation. The combination of square/pulse waves on OSC 1 and tone modulation on OSC 2 gives the DEEPMIND 6 a boldly unique and fresh character not found in competing products.
Low Pass Filter & Envelope Faders
Everything about the DEEPMIND 6 has been designed to give you total control over the creative process. That goes for the selectable, dual slope 12/24 dB analog low pass filter with adjustable resonance and tracking (per voice), and the 4 Envelope faders that smoothly transform individual segments of the envelope between linear, exponential and reverse exponential curves.
Big, Fat Tones
DEEPMIND 6 provides your choice of powerful unison or poly modes, with detune, pan spread and drift parameters, that can handle up to 6 voices per note for incredibly fat tones. And if you want even more, just engage the global noise generator to expand the waveform options. DEEPMIND 6’s extreme versatility empowers you to be your creative best.
While most synthesizers only allow simple mono portamento glides, the DEEPMIND 6 lets you create stunningly smooth mono and polyphonic chord glissandos that will really get your juices flowing. Options include flexible fixed rate, fixed time and exponential pitch glide modes of operation.
A very sophisticated Arpeggiator is also provided, complete with a tap tempo button and user-configurable pattern modes that exhibit a level of refinement previously only available from a sequencer. DEEPMIND 6’s arpeggiator can operate across up to 6 octaves, and you can choose from 32 preset rhythmic patterns with up to 32 steps and rests – or create and save your own. Modes of operation include: UP; DOWN; UP-DOWN; UP-INV; DOWN-INV; UP-DN-INV; UP-ALT; DOWNALT; RAND; AS-PLAYED, and CHORD. A wide range of clock options are also available, as well as hold switch latching.
Want to build impossibly-huge chords that can be played with a single finger. DEEPMIND 6 allows you to write extremely complex chords and polychords (up to 6 notes each), save them into memory locations – and perform them with the press of a single key. There is enough storage space onboard for 36 six-note chords, all of which can be mapped to specific trigger keys.
True Bypass Mode
The FX menu of the DEEPMIND 6 is accessed by pressing the FX button, which in turn brings up the FX page on the LCD display. This is where you assign, route and adjust all FX parameters, including Mode, Mix and Level. You can select the Bypass Mode to completely remove the digital FX from the signal path for a pure, high-integrity analog tone.
High Pass Filter
The 6 dB High Pass Filter (HPF) in the DEEPMIND 6 lets you set the lower cutoff frequency of the output signal. The accompanying Boost switch applies a +12 dB bass boost to the signal path to fatten up the bottom end.
You Are Always in Control
We can’t help ourselves – like you, we’re gear-heads, too. For those who want the numbers, DEEPMIND 6 has: 26 sliders; 33 switches; 1 rotary encoder; 2 knobs; 1 spring-loaded pitch wheel and 1 assignable, spring-loaded modulation wheel. All are laid out in a highly-intuitive format designed to put the joy back into your music creation.
Pitch and Mod Wheels
Spring-loaded pitch and assignable modulation wheels are conveniently placed for easy left-hand access, making the DEEPMIND 6 the ultimate live performance and studio-ready synthesizer.
Large LCD Screen
The large and easy-to-read LCD screen provides rapid parameter editing and program selection on-the-fly, for a total hands-on performance with real-time access to all important parameters. The screen shows the synthesizer status, parameters, and the five main menu pages: Connectivity; Keyboard; Pedal; Fader and System. The contrast and brightness levels are adjustable on the System settings page of the GLOBAL menu.
Something to Remember
The patches loaded into DEEPMIND 6’s memory were designed by some of the world’s finest sound designers, and all of them are available for your modification. Your parameter settings can be stored in one of 1024 available user memory slots, which feature a convenient “compare and match” function that helps you match all analog controls to the values
You’ve Got Connections
DEEPMIND 6’s connectivity is extensive with: fully servo-balanced stereo TRS outputs, for audio feeds to mixing consoles/amplifiers; Phones; Sustain; Pedal/CV; MIDI (In, Out, Thru), for external devices and your DAW; and MIDI USB for your computer and firmware updates. The comprehensive MIDI implementation includes NRPN/CC control of virtually all parameters and bulk load/save.
- Sound Engine Type(s): 6-voice Analog Polysynth with Digital Effects
- Analog/Digital: Analog
- Number of Keys: 37
- Type of Keys: Semi-weighted, Velocity-sensitive, Aftertouch
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod Wheel
- Polyphony: 6 voices
- Number of Presets: 1024 program memories – 8 banks (each with 128 programs)
- Oscillators: 2 per voice
- Number of Effects: 4 FX engines (TC Electronic, Klark Teknik FX)
- Effects Types: Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Rotary, Amp simulator, Phaser, EQ, Filter, Distortion, Compression, Gates
- Sequencer: 32-steps
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4″ TRS (main out)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4″
- USB: 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/Thru/USB
- Pedal Inputs: 2 x 1/4″ (sustain, pedal/CV)
- Features: Tablet Remote Control (USB/MIDI)
- Power Supply: Standard IEC AC cable
- Height: 3.5″
- Width: 25.5″
- Depth: 10.25″